Reaching Men through Building Relationships, Connecting them to God and making Disciples of them so that they may grow spiritually and use their Gifts to further God’s Kingdom work (Proverbs 27:17). Here are our goals!
- Evangelism: Reach men who do not know Christ
- Worship: Bring glory to God in all we do.
- Discipleship: a) Disciple men, equipping them with the Truth b) Helping men find a fit into God’s purpose for them c) Help men to become better Fathers, Husbands and Leaders of their homes
- Fellowship: Build relationships with other men
- Ministry: Teaching men to understand their spiritual gifts and encourage their usefulness
Opportunities to Fellowship and Serve
Join the WP men on the second Saturday of each month in the fellowship hall from 8:00 am to 9:00 am for a time of great fellowship and really great food. No reservation is required and donations are accepted to help cover the cost. We usually have a devotion, testimony or some type of sharing/teaching. Occasionally, we will follow breakfast with some kind of project.
Men’s Bible Study Groups
- Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 8:30 pm. We are currently studying the Book of Acts.
- Friday mornings from 6:00 to 7:00 am in the upstairs of the Annex building. We are currently studying the Book of Philemon.
The Bible Study Groups are not just a Bible study but an opportunity to fellowship with other men. If you are unable to attend each week, that is totally understandable, as it is an open forum. All men are welcome.
This ministry exhibits the love of Christ in practical ways by completing small home maintenance and repair projects for those in financial need. If you have or know of a need within the church community, please email us.
Disaster Relief Ministry
WP’s men (and women) provide practical assistance in disaster recovery locally, statewide and nationally by cooperating with the Baptist State Convention of NC’s disaster relief ministry. Click there to go to the Disaster Relief website.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!